The Nativity No. 2

My FIRST ever item posted on ArtFire.  What fun!



This is a stylized version of the Nativity, completed as a paper-pieced quilted wall-hanging.  Perfect for smaller spaces, it's only 15 inches wide x 14.5 inches tall.  The smallest pieces in the quilt are less than 1/4 inch.




Machine-pieced and machine-quilted, using 100% cotton fabric, using cotton and poly-cotton thread.



The background fabric is dark black marbled with a bit of purple, and meander quilted (free motion) with stars as details above the stable.  Hand-dyed muslin (with tea) creates a nice skin tone for the Nativity family members. Includes metallic gold thread quilted embellishments around the star and the manger, and variegated and black bobbin thread (on the back).



I include my initials and the date completed on all my projects, usually on the lower right corner of the back (and usually quite small).



The wall-hanging is complete with a hanging sleeve, sash rod in the sleeve, and hanging hardware (2 hooks with 4 nails).  Also included are care and handling instructions.

 

I don't have a professional photography studio, but have tried to take some good representative photos.

Pattern: Silent Night (#630), by Sweet Peas, Inc.  Redmond, WA, USA

3 comments:

Unknown March 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM  

Where could I find this pattern?

It's OK to be WEIRD! March 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM  

Valerie,

Pattern: Silent Night (#630), by Sweet Peas, Inc. Redmond, WA, USA

On the pattern back it has this info, but I don't believe the website is still in existence. This is the only info I have.

Sweet Peas, Inc.
16451 Redmond Way
PMB 163-C
Redmond, WA 98052
(206) 284-5529
www.sweetpeasinc.com
Copyright 2000, Kim Halvorson

Debie January 7, 2018 at 8:35 AM  

Hello and Happy New Year! Do you still have this nativity pattern? Would you be willing to share it with me? Thanks so much. Debie

The Creations

I love making beautiful things, and my usual method of creation is quilting. I have on display here some of my projects, every one of them as unique as the individual who received it. Enjoy browsing! If you see something you like, for yourself or for a gift, let me know. And please tell your friends, too! The more the merrier!